Title of Workshop: International Workshop on “Healthcare Analytics”
Aim and Scope
The field of health informatics has revolutionized the face of health care in the past decade. The increasingly aging population, prevalence of chronic diseases and rising costs has brought about some unique healthcare challenges to our global society. Informatics based solutions have not only changed how information is collected and stored but also played a crucial role in the management and delivery of healthcare. Intelligent and automated data processing has never been more critical than it is today. In recent years, intelligent systems have emerged as a promising tool for solving various healthcare-related domains. With the advent of various swift data acquisition systems and recent developments in healthcare information technology, vast amounts of data have been amassed in different forms. One of the key challenges in this domain is to build intelligent systems for effectively modelling, organizing and interpreting the available healthcare data. Healthcare service providers are increasingly acknowledging the strategic importance of data analytics. However, the challenge becomes how to take Big Data and translate it into information that can be used by healthcare professionals for decision making to improve healthcare outcomes and improve the quality of care.
This workshop will respond to the research challenges by encouraging researchers in the computing world to bring to bear novel techniques, combinations of tools, and so forth to build effective ways to handle, retrieve, and make use of healthcare data.
Topics and keywords treated in the workshop for paper submission systems
- Data analytics for clinical care
- Biomarker discovery and biomedical data mining
- Intelligent Medical data management
- Medical signal analysis and processing
- Big data governance in the healthcare domain
- Medical Text analytics
- Machine learning applications for healthcare services
- Predictive analytics for healthcare services
- Big Data visualization for healthcare applications.
- Patient analytics
- Clinical decision making
- Improving value-based healthcare services using data analytics
- Population health management
- Big data applications for anomaly detection in healthcare data
- Disease Prevention and Prediction
- Medical image processing
- Predictive modelling for personalized treatment
- Data integration for healthcare
- Medical recommender systems
- Optimization models for planning and recommending therapies
- Text mining for biomedical literature and clinical notes
- Intelligent systems for electronic health records
- Computational intelligence methodologies for healthcare
- Computer‐aided diagnosis
- Effective Information retrieval for healthcare applications
- Intelligent medical devices and sensors
- Continuous monitoring and streaming technologies for healthcare
- Collaboration technologies for healthcare
- Intelligent User‐interfaces for medical devices and software
- Visual analytics for healthcare
- Privacy issues in healthcare
- Healthcare workflow management
- Systems for Telemedicine
Paper Submission Guidelines:
Authors are invited to submit papers to the workshop. Full papers must be submitted through the conference paper submission site (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icspn2021). Authors must add (Workshop: WS12) at the beginning of paper title during the submission. Paper should be submitted in PDF format electronically with maximum length of 10 pages as per the Springer LNNS series format. All manuscripts will be reviewed and judged on merits including originality, significance, interest, correctness, clarity, and relevance to the broader community. Papers are strongly encouraged to report experiences, measurements, and user studies, and to provide an appropriate quantitative evaluation.
Submitted papers must include original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal. They should also not be under review or be submitted to another workshop, conference, or journal during the review process. Authors should submit full papers electronically following the instructions from the ICSPN 2021 conference web site. Accepted papers will appear in proceedings available electronically. Authors of accepted papers are expected to register for and present their work at the workshop (in online mode).
- Imran Razzak, PhD, School of Information Technology, Deakin University, Australia, Email: [email protected]
- Md Rafiqul Islam, Advanced Analytics Institute (AAi), University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Australia
- Muhammad Fazal Ijaz, PhD, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Sejong University Seoul, Korea
- Submission Deadline: June 30, 2021
- Decision Notification: July 25, 2021
- Registration: August 10, 2021
All accepted and registered papers of this Workshop will be published by the conference proceedings published by Springer in LNNS Series.
Journal Publication: Authors of a selected set of top-quality papers from the Workshop will be invited to submit the extended version of their papers in the special issues of SCIE/SSCI/Scopus/WoS indexed journals.
Best Paper: All the regular papers will be considered for the BEST PAPER AWARD.
NOTE: While submitting paper in this workshop, please specify “2021 International Workshop on “Healthcare Analytics” at the top (above paper title) of the first page of your paper.