Title of Workshop: International Workshop on Hate news and sentiments on social networks: Spread, detection and its impact
Aim and Scope
Online social networks have become a very powerful and popular medium for interactions among users. People interact freely on social media platforms to express their views on various topics. While interacting with each other many times, the conversation leads to heated exchanges due to differences in opinions of the users. Many times users with different political and religious beliefs share the content resulting in the spread of hateful sentiments on social media platforms. Hate news and sentiments have become a great threat for social networks as it creates a negative and toxic environment on social media, which may have very severe and negative consequences on real life.
Hate news has a larger impact on society and systems. Governments are facing challenges to curb the spread of hate news as it sometimes creates law and order issues. This Workshop is looking for interesting and original ideas of the field rated to hate news and sentiments on social media platforms.
Topics and keywords treated in the workshop for paper submission systems
- Hate news spread phenomena
- Identification techniques of hate news and sentiments on social networks
- Algorithmic models for hate news
- Impact of hate news on users behavior of social networks
- Methods to control the Hate news propagation
- Propagation models of the hate news
- AI modes for Hate news identification
- Blockchain models for Hate news spread and detection
- Mathematical models for hate news detection
- Hate news characterization
- Impact of hate new on social media
- Government action framework to curb hate news
- Source identification of Hate news
- Methods to curb the flow of hate news
- Classification of hate news
Paper Submission Guidelines:
Authors are invited to submit papers to the workshop. Full papers must be submitted through the conference paper submission site (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icspn2021). Authors must add (Workshop: WS10) at the beginning of paper title during the submission. Paper should be submitted in PDF format electronically with maximum length of 10 pages as per the Springer LNNS series format. All manuscripts will be reviewed and judged on merits including originality, significance, interest, correctness, clarity, and relevance to the broader community. Papers are strongly encouraged to report experiences, measurements, and user studies, and to provide an appropriate quantitative evaluation.
Submitted papers must include original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal. They should also not be under review or be submitted to another workshop, conference, or journal during the review process. Authors should submit full papers electronically following the instructions from the ICSPN 2021 conference web site. Accepted papers will appear in proceedings available electronically. Authors of accepted papers are expected to register for and present their work at the workshop (in online mode).
For inquiries, you may contact Workshop Chair Prof. Rajhans Mishra at e-mail id: [email protected]
- Prof. Rajhans Mishra, Indian Institute of Management Indore, India
Technical Program Committee:
- Prof. Mukul Gupta Indian Institute of Management Indore, India
- Dr. Konstantinos Psannis, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Dr. Ammar Almomani, Al- Balqa Applied University, Jordan
- Dr. XiaojunChang, Monash University Clayton Campus, Australia
- Dr. B. B. Gupta, NIT Kurukshetra, India
- Prof. Abhishek Mishra Indian Institute of Management Indore, India
- Mr. Sharad Shahni, Optus, New South Wales, Australia
- Dr. Sumeet Gupta Indian Institute of Management Raipur India
- Mr. Rahul Singh, KIT, Kanpur, India
- Mr. Venkat Sharma, Amazon India Limited
- Dr. Samrat Gupta, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad India
- Dr. Kedar Joshi, TAPMI, Maipal, India
- Dr. Ram Kumar Dhurkari, IIM Sirmaur, India
- Mr. Shivakant Pandey, Allenhouse , Kapnur, India
- Dr. Satish Krishnan, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, India
- Dr. Surya Prakash, Indian Institute of Technology Indore, India
- Submission Deadline: June 30, 2021
- Decision Notification: July 25, 2021
- Registration: August 10, 2021
All accepted and registered papers of this Workshop will be published by the conference proceedings published by Springer in LNNS Series.
Journal Publication: Authors of a selected set of top-quality papers from the Workshop will be invited to submit the extended version of their papers in the special issues of SCIE/SSCI/Scopus/WoS/ABDC indexed journals.
Best Paper: All the regular papers will be considered for the BEST PAPER AWARD.
NOTE: While submitting paper in this workshop, please specify “International Workshop onHate news and sentiments on social networks: Spread, detection and its impact” at the top (above paper title) of the first page of your paper.