Title of Workshop: International Workshop on Cognitive Computing and Optimization Algorithms for Cyber Security and IoT Networks (CCOCI 2021)
Aim and Scope
Special workshop on Cognitive Computing and Optimization Algorithms for Cyber Security and IoT Networks in ICSPN 2021 focuses on the emerging roles of cognitive computing in healthcare, education, and sustainability are important in the observation, interpretation, and evaluation of data, which ultimately improve cyber security and IoT networks. Optimization problems are all around us. The simplest example is single objective optimization in which we minimize/maximize one objective function. In practice, optimization problems are extended to more difficult multi-objective optimization problems where the searching of optimal solutions is under the nature of multiple conflicting objectives. Pareto optimal solutions are usually desired as the trade-offs among the objectives.
This special workshop is intended to report high-quality research on cognitive computing and optimization algorithms, more specifically to the state-of-the-art theories, methodologies and systems for the design, development, deployment, and innovative use of those convergence technologies for providing better insights to cyber security and IoT networks.
Topics and keywords treated in the workshop for paper submission systems
- Cognitive computing and optimization algorithms for cyber security IoT
- Cognitive computing and optimization algorithms for IoT networks
- Predictive modeling
- Heuristics and metaheuristics
- Evolutionary optimization
- Stochastic optimization
- Multi-objective optimization
- Parallel optimization algorithms
- Real-time optimization
- High-performance computing for optimizations
- Computational geometry
- Constraint satisfaction problem
- Pilot study
- Case study
Paper Submission Guidelines:
Authors are invited to submit papers to the workshop. Full papers must be submitted through the conference paper submission site (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icspn2021). Authors must add (Workshop: WS03) at the beginning of paper title during the submission. Paper should be submitted in PDF format electronically with maximum length of 10 pages as per the Springer LNNS series format. All manuscripts will be reviewed and judged on merits including originality, significance, interest, correctness, clarity, and relevance to the broader community. Papers are strongly encouraged to report experiences, measurements, and user studies, and to provide an appropriate quantitative evaluation.
Submitted papers must include original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal. They should also not be under review or be submitted to another workshop, conference, or journal during the review process. Authors should submit full papers electronically following the instructions from the ICSPN 2021 conference web site. Accepted papers will appear in proceedings available electronically. Authors of accepted papers are expected to register for and present their work at the workshop (in online mode).
For inquiries, you may contact to Workshop Chair Dr. Kwok Tai Chui at e-mail: [email protected]
- Dr. Kwok Tai Chui, Research Assistant Professor, Department of Technology, School of Science and Technology, The Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Technical Program Committee:
- Prof. Miltiadis D. Lytras, Effat College of Engineering, Effat University, Jeddah 21478, Saudi Arabia
- Prof. Mingbo Zhao, School of Information Science & Technology, Donghua University, Shanghai 200051, China
- Prof. Chien-Wen Shen, Department of Business Administration, National Central University, Taiwan
- Dr. Pandian Vasant, Modeling Evolutionary Algorithms Simulation & Artificial Intelligence (MERLIN), Faculty of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Dr. Ryan Wen Liu, Hubei Key Laboratory of Inland Shipping Technology, School of Navigation, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan 430063, China
- Dr Joshua Thomas, Department of Computing, UOW Malaysia, KDU Penang University College
- Dr. Lap-Kei Lee, Department of Technology, School of Science and Technology, The Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
- Submission Deadline: June 30, 2021
- Decision Notification: July 25, 2021
- Registration: August 10, 2021
All the accepted and registered papers of the workshop will be published by the conference proceedings published by Springer in LNNS Series.
Journal Publication: Authors of a selected set of top-quality papers from the workshop will be invited to submit an extended version of their papers in the special issues of SCIE/SSCI/Scopus/WoS indexed journals.
Best Paper: All the regular papers will be considered for the BEST PAPER AWARD.
NOTE: While submitting paper in this workshop, please specify “International Workshop on Cognitive Computing and Optimization Algorithms for Cyber Security and IoT Networks” at the top (above paper title) of the first page of your paper.