Title of Workshop: International Workshop on Immunizing against Health/medical Cyber Attacks and Infodemic
Aim and Scope
COVID-19 crisis has impacted the lives of many and pushed to change in a very short span of time on a global scale. It had brought different organisational and technical challenges that requires insight and reviewing the existing methods and tools in the cybersecurity area with respect to healthcare sector. The cybersecurity needed in healthcare systems is not different from other systems. However, the cyber-attacks on healthcare can heavily and negatively impact the patient’s safety. Cybersecurity challenges and solutions need to be addressed in the healthcare sector.
Beside the cybersecurity attacks, another major concern during this pandemic is “infodemic”, the word coined by WHO. The infodemic relates to amplification of excessive information that includes fake or misleading information. Not only it creates confusion and health risk taking behaviours but also mistrust in the healthcare systems. With increasingly expanding digitisation, the use of social media and internet use, the infodemic can intensify very quickly. Infodemic is also very contagious and can impact the pandemic response efforts.
Therefore, a trade-off is required for the situation and public awareness is required to tackle these issues along with reshaping and rethinking.
Topics and keywords treated in the workshop for paper submission systems
- Cybersecurity practices in healthcare
- Cybersecurity issues in healthcare domain
- Securing confidential patient data
- Privacy aspects to consider when sharing health data
- Cyber crisis management during a pandemic
- Smart systems to build resilience against misinformation
- Monitoring digital and physical information environment
- Measuring and monitoring the impact of infodemic
- Identify and understand the spread and impact of infodemic
- Development, adaptation, and application of tools for managing infodemic
- Watermarking and Steganography in Medical Imaging
- Steganography and digital healthcare systems
- Encryption and digital records of patient
Paper Submission Guidelines:
Authors are invited to submit papers to the workshop. Full papers must be submitted through the conference paper submission site (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icspn2021). Authors must add (Workshop: WS02) at the beginning of paper title during the submission. Paper should be submitted in PDF format electronically with maximum length of 10 pages as per the Springer LNNS series format. All manuscripts will be reviewed and judged on merits including originality, significance, interest, correctness, clarity, and relevance to the broader community. Papers are strongly encouraged to report experiences, measurements, and user studies, and to provide an appropriate quantitative evaluation.
Submitted papers must include original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal. They should also not be under review or be submitted to another workshop, conference, or journal during the review process. Authors should submit full papers electronically following the instructions from the ICSPN 2021 conference web site. Accepted papers will appear in proceedings available electronically. Authors of accepted papers are expected to register for and present their work at the workshop (in online mode).
- Dr. Priyanka Chaurasia, School of Computing, Eng& Intel. Sys. Ulster University, Londonderry, UK, email@example.com
- Dr Pratheepan Yogarajah, School of Computing, Eng& Intel. Sys. Ulster University, Londonderry, UK, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission Deadline: June 30, 2021
- Decision Notification: July 25, 2021
- Registration: August 10, 2021
All the accepted and registered papers of the workshop will be published by the conference proceedings published by Springer in LNNS Series.
Journal Publication: Authors of a selected set of top-quality papers from the workshop will be invited to submit an extended version of their papers in the special issues of SCIE/SSCI/Scopus/WoS indexed journals.
Best Paper: All the regular papers will be considered for the BEST PAPER AWARD.
NOTE: While submitting paper in this workshop, please specify “International Workshop onImmunizing against Health/medical Cyber Attacks and Infodemic” at the top (above paper title) of the first page of your paper.